Monday, June 30, 2014

Blackberry Woods

Ditsy print smock dress
Ditsy floral print smocked dress
The Flying Clubhouse - smock dress outfit
The Flying Clubhouse - queen anne's lace
The Flying Clubhouse - long-sleeved smock dress
Ditsy print smocked dress
The Flying Clubhouse - heart locket
The Flying Clubhouse - Blackberry Woods
Daisies
Blackberries
Smocked dress outfit
I hope you all have had a wonderful June.

I am crazy about all the growing things right now. There are so many beautiful wildflowers blooming - orange butterfly weed, daisies, queen anne's lace, rose milkweed - not to mention loads of blackberries getting ripe.

This dress has been on my Kiki's Delivery Service mood board for awhile. I purchased it on sale recently and I've already worn it loads. This comfortable smock style is just the sort of thing I want to throw on in the morning, and the dark ditsy print just makes me smile. Despite long sleeves, the fabric is nice and breathable and not at all too hot for late June - especially with the sleeves rolled up (which I forgot to photograph, but it looks nice). As a person with somewhat long arms, I am happy that the sleeves are generous. I'm excited about styling it with colored tights in Autumn, but for now it's perfect on its own.

I really can't believe it's the last day of the month, can you? Hello July!

dress: asos
bag: vintage
flats: ross (old)
necklace: gift

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest

22 comments:

  1. The dress is adorable. I like the subtle faded editing of the photographs too. So pretty!

    Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire! I've been learning some new editing techniques in Photoshop recently.

      Delete
  2. It's a lovely dress! Blackberries always remind me of my grandmas garden, she had so many bushes and we would eat so many berries :)

    Hello July indeed. Where has the year gone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandma's garden sounds so pleasant, Kerri.

      Crazy, right? It's scaring me a little!

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty dress! Don't you love it when you find a dress that you can wear over and over again and still be so in love with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali! Oh yes! So great. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love that last photo with the bursts of orange! I love that you have a mood board for Kiki's Delivery Service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Faye, I'm so glad you spotted those. I got some close ups of them (for another post). I had never seen orange wildflowers like these before, so the other day I did a little research and it turns out that they're asclepias tuberosa, commonly known as butterfly weed (because butterflies have a thing for them, apparently)!

      Delete
  5. I love these pictures and you look so beautiful. Your hair looks great! We are having a rainy summer so far, and things are green here, too. I hope they stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Nice! Wishing you lots of permanent greenery! <3

      Delete
  6. This is such a cute outfit and you look lovely! I can see why it reminds you of Kiki. You've taken the pictures in such a beautiful place too and I love that locket. Can't believe June is over already! And I must say too that your hair looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy!

      I know! June, where did you go? My hair is pretty damaged, fried and crispy on the ends, which happily works in my favor for an up-do! I can't wait until it's longer so I can try some of your groovy tutorials. :-)

      Delete
  7. so very cute! I can't get enough of loose fitting dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a little crazy about them right now too. :-)

      Delete
  8. Love this outfit and the photos are really lovely! Congrats on your new blog! I'm starting fresh too (one of these days). Can't wait to see what it has in store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! Good luck on your fresh start!

      Delete
  9. I was just loving how that looked and then you said it was on your Kiki's Delivery Service board and I was like "YYYYEEEeeesss!" that is why I am loving it so! It reminds me of the timeless feel of that film!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit and your photos are so pretty! So much nature! Everything has reached the point of hot and dry here, I'm already missing wildflowers and other blooms. That's winter/spring in AZ. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (sry if this posts twice...weird computer problems) Anyways, I love your hair in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute bag :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  13. june went by WAY too fast- i don't want summer to end!! and i love smock dresses- i don't know what it is about baggy clothes, but they make me feel so ridiculously feminine. and isn't it a wonderful feeling crossing something off of your wishlist :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete