Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Evening Pines

aubergine smock dress
purple smocked dress, vintage pendant
purple dress and pine trees
dandelion fluff
vintage hat, purple smock dress
vintage pendant
purple dress, black tights
smock dress, vintage hat

I planned this outfit as sort of a fall daydream - if you will - because long sleeves and tights are quite impractical right now. It's been in the upper 70s to the lower 90s recently, and since mid-May we've had that permanent stickiness in the crooks of our elbows that is caused humidity. I'm very happy it's June, but sometimes - throughout the year - I get a little homesick for autumn, and when the idea of his outfit popped into my head, I simply couldn't wait until late September to try it. Anyway, I hope this autumnal/wintry outfit might be just the thing for some of my Southern Hemisphere friends. 

I love a dress with a romantic smock silhouette, and it was great fun to spend an evening hanging out with the pine trees in boysenberry-colored garb. Do you ever wear something impractical just for the fun of it?

dress // tights: asos
boots // bag: thrifted
pendant // hat: vintage

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment