Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thorn Hollow

Hello Dolly dress by Mata Traders
Thorn Hollow
Tall ironweed - end of August
Worn ankle boots
Wildflowers - tall ironweed, sneezeweed
Sneezeweed
Black dress with purple roses
This post is the first part in a series. Mata Traders kindly asked me to wear a piece from their fall collection different ways, and I was eager to take part. The simplicity and vintage-inspired prints and colors of this fair trade collection are right up my alley, and I can't help but love that it's dedicated to the grandmothers of the folks at Mata Traders. I really can't say enough nice things about the Hello Dolly dress in black. It's made of a soft cotton, and it has just the sort of romantic dark floral print that's flexible throughout the year. I have all sorts of plans to wear it with different layers soon, but my first look is quite basic and summer-y - just a necklace and a pair of very beat-up boots. I also have my backpack bag - which has become much more than just an accessory. I take it on hikes and walks, and it can hold my camera, a few snacks and sometimes a water bottle. I was actually on a hike just before I took these photos - hence my fluffy bangs. :-)

I'm loving this time of year - with all the goldenrod, sneezeweed and tall ironweed. I hope you all have an enjoyable September, and get to spend some time outdoors.

dress: c/o mata traders
locket: vintage
boots // bag: thrifted

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest

15 comments:

  1. You always look so elegant and mysterious! Your outfit photos and your nature photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Sophie! I just happened to find the most magical spot, and the field and flowers were even more beautiful in real life.

      Delete
  2. That's a very lovely print on the dress.<3
    And I'm happy that September is finally here. My favorite season will come in soon, my husband and my grandpapa's birthdays are coming in late September, and mine will come in early October! So much Libra love to look forward to. Hahah

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that print and Mata Traders has some great pieces this season. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was really impressed. I thought Fall '13 was great, but I think this collection is even better.

      Thanks! I couldn't help but walk away with a few nice photos because this spot was so beautiful. :-)

      Delete
  4. Your post seems to be very close to nature similar to this beautiful vintage inspired style dress your are wearing. So pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the bits of nature in these pictures and that is such a pretty dress for Fall. I can see it being very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress seems like a perfect fall one- darkly romantic and moodily atmospheric like the part of the book The Secret Garden when Mary first discovers the door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smitten with your dress. I have no idea what fall is really like but I'm definitely getting that mood in this post.<3

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful dress, I love the flower pattern and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are always so enchanting! I feel as if I've been transported to a fairy tale world. I love a good floral print that can be used for all seasons and you look just lovely in this dress. My bangs get fluffly too! I hates it, hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress- it really will be perfect for all seasons. I can't wait to see how you remix it! Those boots are so perfectly worn in and awesome, good find!

    ReplyDelete