Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Peaches in the summertime, apples in the fall...

Autumn outfit: black dress, ditsy print
Outfit: black ditsy print smocked dress with burgundy cardigan
Golden leaf
Mushroom
Outfit: little black dress with cardigan and vintage necklaceOutfit: little black dress with cardigan and beret
Autumn bokeh
Outfit: little black smock dress, burnt-orange bag
...If I can’t have the one I love, I won’t have none at all. (Shady Grove, traditional Appalachian).

I've enjoyed wearing black so much since I returned to my natural hair color - it's a nice contrast. A black dress can bring out the color in accessories too - especially with muted autumnal colors like these.  I've found myself wearing lots of customized colors recently. My tights were once white and my sweater was once brown. Ever since I dyed them they've gotten much more wear. Changing the color is a good solution for clothes you may have lost interest in, or accessories that just don't go with the rest of your wardrobe.

I'm not sure if I love wearing this dress more in warm weather or cold, but it's definitely going to be a year 'round favorite.
beret//boots: thrifted
dress//tights: asos (old)
bag: c/o malia designs
cardigan: second-hand
pendant: vintage

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest

8 comments:

  1. I love these pictures. I grew up in an area without large trees, so anything remotely resembling a forest just seems magical to me. The subdued tones you brought into this outfit work so well on you. It's funny how a little change in hair color can open your eyes to new wardrobe possibilites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica! I feel the same way about wide-open spaces. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with the desert! :-D

      Delete
  2. i agree with Jessica. here in Kansas, sure there are lots of trees, but nothing like this. your forest pictures with rays of sunlight, stands of trees with blue sky peaking through is so magical. i delighting in seeing the leaves and flowers that you share here and on your tumblr.
    lovely fall ensemble. the deep red cardigan looks sooo warm and comfy.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Abigail! <3

      Delete
  3. You look perfectly Autumnal! Love it. Maybe it's the beret but this outfit brings out the image of Bonnie Parker a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-)

      I had to google images to refresh my memory, but oh my, you are *right* about Bonnie!

      Delete
  4. So, I feel like you and autumn were a match made in heaven anyway, but this outfit just proves it. I do like the Bonnie Parker vibe too :)

    Also- how cool that you dyed those two things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you made this floral print dress perfectly autumnal! I love your maroon sweater and you look wonderful with your hair pulled back into your beret - you have a beautiful face! And isn't dying clothes awesome?! I am super clumsy, so I use it to dye stained clothes, hah.

    ReplyDelete