Friday, October 31, 2014

Pumpkin Patch

The Flying Clubhouse: Fall Florals and Thrifted Backpack BagThe Flying Clubhouse: Fall Florals and Thrifted Backpack Bag
The Flying Clubhouse: Floppy Wool Hat
Flying Clubhouse: Pumpkin Patch
The Flying Clubhouse: Pumpkin Patch
The Flying Clubhouse: Pumpkin Patch
The Flying Clubhouse: Pumpkin Patch
*Last two photos taken by my husband

Happy Halloween!

We visited a corn maze and pumpkin patch recently. I had never experienced a corn maze, and was eager to try it. It was not a very big maze and pretty easy to get through, but it was a beautiful day and there were morning glory flowers blooming all over the corn stalks, so it was definitely worth the trip. I was glad I wore my black floppy hat to block the sun.

If you have a floppy wool hat that needs to be less floppy, you can stiffen the brim with some starch and an iron. I starched and ironed both sides of the brim of this hat, keeping the setting of my iron at a safe heat for wool. I also put a piece of fabric between the iron and the brim to protect the hat. This is not permanent, and the hat will be floppy again after awhile (compare the first photo with the last) but it's an easy way to get more variety from one hat.

Have a wonderful and safe Halloween evening! :-)

dress // tights: asos (old)
hat: target
shoes: sears (old)
bag: thrifted


bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Anna! Love this fall look. Thanks for the great hat tip! Definitely have to try that. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an original style! It's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are rockin' that hat and I am grateful for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a great Halloween! I love your smock dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouu, smart tip! I don't know if I have an abnormally small head or I just buy extra floppy floppy hats, but that trick will come in handy for me, haha. Beautiful outfit too, I've been dying for some more longer-sleeved dresses in my closet, yours here is a dream! Glad you had fun at the pumpkin patch :)

    ReplyDelete