Monday, November 10, 2014

Dust of November

The Flying Clubhouse: Dust of November
The Flying Clubhouse: November Outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Greenola ringThe Flying Clubhouse: November Outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Greenola ring
The Flying Clubhouse: November Outfit - backpack bag
Hope everyone is having a peaceful November! It doesn't seem like I've been blogging in this space for over six months, and that this is the 35th post, but time really has flown. Thank you for reading - I really appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to the next six months of blogging.

This messy bun is my favorite hairstyle of late. Even though my hair is only neck-length, it's an easy style to achieve with a small hair donut and about a dozen bobby pins. (Some people use a sock, but I like being able to stick bobby pins directly into the donut). Another favorite is this outfit. Throughout this season I've been wearing variations of it for traveling and going out - this aubergine dress, a jacket or cardigan, ankle boots, and any variation of accessories.

These black leather ankle boots in particular were an amazing thrifted find. I almost missed them because they were coated in dried mud, but on closer look, they were just my size, like new, and - most importantly - very comfortable. They just needed some light cleaning. It was my version of hidden treasure. (Small pleasures, small pleasures)!

dress // tights: asos (old)
jacket // boots // bag: thrifted
ring: c/o greenola
scarf: diy/gift

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest

18 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of the hair donut too! Good score on the boots- I always get afraid of missing something good in the shoes as I'm scanning the rows so I have to look over them twice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that because I love your hairstyles. :-)

      Delete
  2. Those boots are awesome! Great look. I'm growing my hair out again and looking forward to having more styling options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! Ooh, growing hair takes patience, doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. I love this look! I think this bun is my favorite hairstyle on you. Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the bun affirmation, Jamie! :-D

      Delete
  4. These photos are amazing. Your hair looks lovely this way and really makes your eyes stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love denim jackets in the fall! there's just something about that.
    i've been going with much easier hairstyles lately, too. when that october/november prairie wind sweeps through there goes my do unless its pinned to my head, lol.
    lovely images.

    Abigail
    sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it's good to have a hairstyle for windy weather, right? ;-)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on hitting six months!
    Your photos are always so atmospheric and lovely. Your ring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! I really appreciate your support. :-)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful photos, you look just lovely. Your hair looks so soft, pretty and feminine. I wish my buns would sit like that when I wear my hair up! I love all the layers in your outfit and what a great find those boots were - they are very cute and it's always a bonus when they are comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucy! :-) Truthfully, this is the best bun I've ever made. I'm not good with hair at all, but I've been practicing. With this one, I think I just got lucky, because I haven't made it look like this since! I think that soft look comes from how truly fried and fuzzy the bottom half of my hair is. I wonder if back-combing would have a similar effect on healthy hair?

      Delete
  8. You look absolutely darling with your hair up! I definitely need to try out more up-do's because I find hair can be cumbersome with big scarves. Great look too, that dress is a wonderful colour for fall and your backpack gives an adventure vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always envy people's messy hairbun style because I could never manage to do that! Mine always falls down or doesn't even stay still long enough for people to know it's a bun...but yours looks absolutely becoming on you <3

    ReplyDelete