Monday, June 15, 2015

The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow

The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // vintage 70s dress
The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // vintage 70s outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // vintage backpack
The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // Minnetonka Kilty Suede Moccasins
The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // The Feline Stinkeye
The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // floral dress and sunhat
The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // orange butterfly weed
The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // 70s dark floral print
The Flying Clubhouse: The Woods at the Edge of the Meadow // sunhat
I had a close encounter with a copperhead the other night. I almost stepped on it. We were walking in the evening, and it was pretty dark. The snake was coiled up on the sidewalk and we only noticed it when we brushed past it and it moved. After initially moving it froze on the sidewalk about four feet away from us. We were able to get a good look and see that it was a copperhead - with a tan and brown diamond pattern down its side. It wasn't very big, maybe two or two and a half feet long, but it was the biggest snake I have encountered in the wild (although I never considered the sidewalk near our place the wild). It's surprising I haven't seen more vipers considering all the snake-y places I go to get photographs.

Here's a summery outfit. Sun hats are my best friends right now. I'm loving my new-to-me 70s tent dress. It's a very cotton-like polyester - which I'm appreciating because I can pack it in my suitcase and it doesn't wrinkle like my cotton or viscose clothes. It's a great traveling dress!

dress: vintage 70s via longingly
shoes: minnetonka
bag: vintage 70s via crazygoodbannas
hat: vintage // gift


bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram

15 comments:

  1. I love the moodiness of these photos and your dress, too. The snake encounter sounds scary! We sometimes see snakes where we live, but they are usually rat snakes, which are not dangerous. Not that I would try to pet it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Rat snakes are common here too, but I don't think I've ever seen any. I've never been scared of snakes, (I worry more about bears) but I wouldn't pet a wild snake either! :-O

      Delete
  2. AH! This is perfection, I am in love with this dress. You look incredible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tori! I fell in love with this dress too. I think I'll be looking to vintage and etsy more in the future.

      Delete
  3. Glad you bypassed that encounter!

    This outfit is so perfectly you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We were really lucky - that snake has a clear shot at our delicious ankles! :-D

      Delete
  4. Love your outfit and photos! I can really see how much you appreciate nature, it shows in your photos. I need to look further into your blog because I can feel a sort of a familiar vibe here and I'm staying :).

    Also encountering a viper is scary! I remember almost stepping on one once... I was lucky I didn't. They are pretty but I surely wouldn't want to get bitten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Klara!

      So glad you didn't get bitten either!

      Delete
  5. I once saw a copperhead snake on a wall in London! Which is even less "in the wild" -- and they're not even native to this country. Pretty surreal.

    That's a lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's absolutely crazy! I wouldn't know what to think about a snake in the city. :-0 !!!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful outfit, so dreamy! I usually don't like most 70s styles much but absolutely love these kind of hippie dresses. The snake would have terrified me, I am so happy that there are almost no snakes where I live...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Good that you have no snakes! Poison or not, they sure are startling. :-O

      Delete
  7. Love this adventurous outfit, Anna! Absolutely gorgeous and suits you very well!
    Is that cat in the picture yours or is it just passing by?
    I always love your wild settings and fitting clothes to go with the backdrop :)

    Alive as Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bivi! She is our relatives' cat. They sort of live in the country and have a whole bunch of felines on mouse patrol. :-)

      Delete
  8. I love this outfit so much!! You look adorable <3 And oh.my.goodness! If i saw a snake in real life, like in the wild, I would not be happy about it. The place we go camping every year is known for rattlesnakes, and I live in fear every time we hike. Fortunately, I have never encountered one.

    ReplyDelete