Thursday, September 17, 2015

Brown and Black

The Flying Clubhouse: Brown and Black
The Flying Clubhouse: Brown and Black | hair bow
The Flying Clubhouse: Brown and Black
The Flying Clubhouse: Brown and Black
I have never found a sweater dress that quite worked for me, until I found this little black 90s-does-the-60s dress. Most sweater dresses I've tried cling in all the wrong places, but this one seems to work because it has a tight knit and holds some of its own shape. I've been simplifying the shapes and colors in my outfits recently. Chocolate brown and black are not neutrals I usually put together, but throw in a variety of textures (suede, knit, shiny leather) and it all seems to work. My socks are actually just the tops of a old pair of my husband's socks. It's an economical trick if you like the look of boots with stockings!

dress // boots: thrifted
bag: vintage 70s via crazygoodbananas

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram

12 comments:

  1. I have the same issue with sweater dresses. Also this one is cute but not infantile so I like that about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I was thinking the same thing! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, you are so pretty in this outfit! It does look a little mod-ish but it suits you very well. I have a hard time with sweater dresses as well. The boots are so beautiful. Great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee, this is too darling! Love the boots and socks with that dress' silhouette :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kailey. <3 I think this is my very favorite dress silhouette.

      Delete
  4. Can't believe you thrifted this dress...wonderful! And I never would have thought of the sock trick; that's crazy creative. Cool look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Erin. I can't believe I found this dress either. It's definitely an unusual find, at least in my thrifting adventures.

      Delete
  5. The different textures really do work well in this context. I also like how simple the shape of the dress is, and how that let's the little piping details take center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this look! especially the boots, they are great with the silhouette of the dress!

    ReplyDelete