Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October Rain

The Flying Clubhouse: October Rain | fall outfitThe Flying Clubhouse: October Rain | fall outfitThe Flying Clubhouse: October Rain | plaid pinafore, red turtleneck
The Flying Clubhouse: October Rain
The Flying Clubhouse: October Rain | tooled leather bag
The Flying Clubhouse: October Rain | tooled leather bag
The Flying Clubhouse: October Rain | plaid pinafore, red turtleneck
The Flying Clubhouse: October Rain | black ankle boots
The Flying Clubhouse: October Rain | plaid pinafore, red turtleneck
I scored this like-new brand-name turtleneck for $1.00 over the weekend. Turtleneck sweaters have been my go-to top since the weather turned. I wore a red one like this in collage all the time until I wore it out so it's nice to have another one. However, the find that I'm most excited about is the 70s tooled leather bag. I had been looking for one like this for ages. I found many lovely ones on Etsy but they were all a little out of my price range. I stumbled upon this weathered one at a local thrift store for $3.50 - I almost couldn't believe it! I should note that it's probably not the best bag to take out into the rain like I did today. This outfit may be better for a drier fall day, but I couldn't resist getting photos with the colorful leaves all bright and shiny in the rain.

Hope you enjoy this last week of October!

bag: vintage 70s
turtleneck // pinafore // boots: thrifted
tights: asos
hat: target

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram

3 comments:

  1. Thrifting is so satisfying. It still kind of blows my mind that I can leave a store with two new skirts and three shirts and spend less than $10. That bag is an especially nice find.
    I love this outfit. The plaid jumper dress is really cute, and the moody color palette is beautifully fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jessica, it's very satisfying. I like the idea of wearing more second-hand, too. :-)

      Delete
  2. Ah! You always have the most perfect fall style. Turtlenecks give me headaches, but this one looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete