Thursday, November 5, 2015

Berry Stained

The Flying Clubhouse: Berry Stained | plaid dress
The Flying Clubhouse: Berry Stained | fall outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Berry Stained | fall outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Berry Stained | November leaf
The Flying Clubhouse: Berry Stained | Plaid dress outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Berry Stained | bow/locket
The Flying Clubhouse: Berry Stained | ankle boots
The Flying Clubhouse: Berry Stained | plaid dress
I think I've mentioned it before, but I think it's worth noting again. I like to make adjustments to my clothes - especially when I find that I'm not wearing them often. The best example of this is this scarf - it used to be orange. It was lovely but it didn't get worn. A little burgundy Rit dye turned it into a dark mulberry color, and I was wearing it all the time. I tweak most things that enter my closet. This cotton fall-ish plaid dress was a bit large, so I washed and dried it to shrink it down a bit. I don't think there's such a thing as perfection - especially in a wardrobe. All clothes and accessories have some sort of quirk. The thing is to make it work for you.

dress: vero moda via asos (old)
scarf: gift
boots: thrifted
over-the-knee socks: made locally
locket // bag: vintage 70s

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Anna! You look incredibly adorable here!
    Also, that was a great idea to die the scarf to adjust it to your taste ;)

    Alive as Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is lovely! All the deep colors...especially burgundies..all remind me of the cooler months. And I would have never guessed that scarf was a different color. The dye worked well then!

    Peace & Love // Celestralite

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look the way reading a L.M. Montgomery book feels- and that is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful here! I love how perfectly autumnal this feels, with the plaid dress and the knee socks. I think you did a great job with the scarf, because the color is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete