Monday, November 16, 2015

Red Velvet

The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet // berries
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet // moon necklace
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet // vintage tooled leather bag
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet // vintage tooled leather bag
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet
The Flying Clubhouse: Red Velvet // scarf
Here I am with my natural and classic hairstyle. I call it the "Icelandic Pony," which is about the best co-washing, a smidge of hair gel, and straightening of the bangs can get me. It's a bit shaggy, but you should see it first thing in the morning!

I love this black sweater, like my beloved turtleneck sweaters, it's a go-to top. I found it at the thrift store. It was like new and was a high-quality blend. I wondered what its story was. Everything at the thrift store has a story. Whenever I find something so perfect, I look all over for the flaw - the thing that made it wound up at the thrift store. I didn't find any holes or stains on this one. I bought it, but it still seemed too good to be true. I learned its story soon after, though. There was an L on the tag that I had missed. It fit like a small. Someone must have washed it and then it shrunk two sizes. That's why it ended up as a donation. I felt sorry for the previous owner, because I have shrunk many nice sweaters to oblivion in my time too.

skirt: american apparel (old)
boots // sweater // scarf: thrifted
bag: vintage 70s
hat: target
moon necklace: light years

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram

4 comments:

  1. I love your classic thrifted sweater with that velvet skirt. Hooray for finding such a great piece even though it was too bad for its original owner! I'm loving the entire color combination going on in this look too. It's so perfect for fall.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is beautifully autumnal. I've never thought about the stories behind second-hand clothes, but I think it's a lovely idea. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice outfit! I love your vintage bag :)

    Big Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. This outfit is perfection. Just sayin' .

    ReplyDelete