Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Black is a Festive Color

The Flying Clubhouse: Black is a Festive Color | winter outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Black is a Festive Color
The Flying Clubhouse: Black is a Festive Color
The Flying Clubhouse: Black is a Festive Color | pinafore outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Black is a Festive Color | diy plaid bag
The Flying Clubhouse: Black is a Festive Color
The Flying Clubhouse: Black is a Festive Color
The Flying Clubhouse: Black is a Festive Color | pinafore outfitHappy December! I love wearing festive colors like black and gray. ;-D

A silky black blouse had been at the top of my thrifting wishlist only a short time before I found this one. It's both elegant and basic - fitted, with especially long sleeves, which I prefer. It's in like-new perfect condition, which is nice too.

I made a plaid hobo bag awhile back. The fabric was recycled from three old thrifted wool skirts. It's reversible too! I used VeryPurplePerson's excellent tutorial and pattern. I was nervous about making a reversible bag, but the pattern and instructions were very easy. I'd say it's a great project for beginners if you have the 'making your own fashion' bug.

This outfit is entirely thrifted - except for the moon necklace that I wear all the time, which is from Light Years. It may sound weird to wear second-hand tights, but these were found new and still in the package.

Have you been on any thrifting adventures lately?

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this outfit! That gray dress works so perfectly with the black blouse layered underneath. The plaid bag you made is fantastic too.
    I haven't been thrifting in entirely too long. The thrift stores in the city are so expensive it's ridiculous. I have to wait until I'm out at my parents' in the suburbs for the good thrifting!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A black shirt is definitely both elegant and a basic. I like the one you have here.

    ReplyDelete