Thursday, January 28, 2016

Velvet Jacket

The Flying Clubhouse: Velvet Jacket
The Flying Clubhouse: Velvet Jacket
The Flying Clubhouse: Velvet Jacket | tooled leather bag
The Flying Clubhouse: Velvet Jacket | vintage necklaces
The Flying Clubhouse: Velvet Jacket
The Flying Clubhouse: Velvet Jacket | vintage necklace trio
The Flying Clubhouse: Velvet Jacket | tooled leather bag
The Flying Clubhouse: Velvet Jacket | vintage necklaces
I had been looking for a velvet jacket for some time. There were some fantastic vintage ones I had come across online, but they were naturally very expensive. I also saw a few nice ones in charity shops, but they weren't in my size. Then, when I was looking for something completely different, I came across this pristine one at the local Salvation Army store for only $5. It was hiding among the women's two-piece outfits. It was just like new - with all its rhinestone cluster buttons intact. It's a little Victorian and a little military, which makes it the perfect contrasting thing to throw over a loose, bohemian dress or peasant top.

I have been growing out my bangs - not exactly to have no bangs, but to have those 1910s faux side-bangs. The best examples I can think of right now are a young Daisy and Violet Hilton and this illustration of Theda Bara on the cover of Motion Picture Magazine. This sort of forehead cover is so swoopy and dramatic - almost as dramatic as a black velvet jacket. :-)

dress: asos reclaimed vintage (old, similar)
velvet jacket: thrifted
necklaces // tooled leather bag: vintage

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram

4 comments:

  1. Great find! I'm a bit jealous you picked it up for so cheap - I love velvet with a passion, and the military/Victorian styling is just perfect. It looks fantastic with this dress, by the way. I love how atmospheric these shots are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just... perfect. I can't believe it was only $5 at the Salvation Army! It's easily worth much, much more. One day, I hope to find a similar deal, so lucky you! I love the photography set up by the way. I wish I had a good spot for indoor photos.

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sumptuous look. It is all simple but the textures- the richness of the velvet and the different gleams of the necklaces- is very visually satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow,these photos are gorgeous. With the jacket and styling, you look like a portrait. I love the moody background, too. Your hair is amazing and I love the color and length.

    ReplyDelete