Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Merlot

The Flying Clubhouse: Merlot
The Flying Clubhouse: Merlot
The Flying Clubhouse: Merlot | secondhand style
The Flying Clubhouse: MerlotThe Flying Clubhouse: Merlot
Happy March!

This dress is a combination of three of my favorite things - velour, long sleeves, and a Merlot color. When I swept it up at the thrift store I thought it might be a 90s dress, but after doing some research on the brand it appears to have been made in the last few years. Not surprising, the way trends cycle.

I used to think of velvet and velour clothing as formal choices (unless it was a track suit :-P), but I've been incorporating it more into my everyday wardrobe in the last few years. It's great to have a wide range of textures to choose from, and velour adds a little bit of rock 'n roll to any outfit.

dress: thrifted
macrame bag // necklaces // earrings: vintage

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram

5 comments:

  1. Terrific outfit, sweet dear. Is there any more gorgeous fabric that deep, soulful burgundy velvet? I could happily live in day in and day out.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that color. Merlot is one of my favorites both in and out of the glass. ;)

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is just amazing!

    http://saranusagg.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you would want to incorporate this into your everyday wear; it is lovely. You look like the heroine of a story, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the velvet and crochet combo!

    Heather

    https://heathermoors.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete