Friday, June 10, 2016

Marcia

This outfit is inspired by Marcia Brady. I used to work at a certain fast food restaurant. The coworker who trained me apparently thought I looked or sounded like Marcia Brady so she called me Marcia -or Marica Marcia Marcia - the whole time I worked there. She gave everyone a nickname, and since she called one co-worker "Crackhead," I was fine with Marcia.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind stealing a good portion of the oldest Brady sister's wardrobe. More a-line mini skirts, please! I've also been crazy over 70s knit tops, and I found this one at vonGRETapparel vintage on Etsy. I've been wearing it frequently ever since in came in the mail. It has a cute drawstring near the bottom so it's nice to wear untucked over jeans as well.

top: vintage 70s via vongretapparel
bag vintage 70s via crazygoodbananas
skirt: asos (sold out)
shoes: thrifted

9 comments:

  1. Love it! I've been looking for a denim skirt like this for so long. This one is perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daniella. I had been looking too for the longest time. Then in one week I found this one and an additional button skirt at a local thrift store! Looks like this one is sold out, but I hope you find the skirt you're looking for.

      Delete
  2. Love those button down skirts - I've been seeing them everywhere this year. And you are right, the whole outfit does look very Marcia.

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been seeing them everywhere too. I can understand the popularity. This skirt has become part of summer uniform. Easy-breezy!

      Delete
  3. That top has the best color combination! I love it paired with the button down mini skirt. A perfect 70s-inspired outfit!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! The 70s really had it going on with colors, didn't it?

      Delete
  4. The colours of that shirt are immensely lovely. Very summer (straight on) into fall, cozy and memorable. Awesome Etsy score!

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! I think so too. Multi-season pieces are fantastic, aren't they? :-)

      Delete
  5. You definitely got the better nickname! Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete