Sunday, June 5, 2016

Matchy-Matchy Shoes and Dress

I've been wearing mostly separates lately - outfits made of skirts and tops or shorts and tees or jumpers and mock-necks. This a-line pinafore dress by Motel is one of my new favorites. I really love cotton baby cord as a fabric. It reminds me of the texture of suede, but it's so much lighter and easier to clean. Of course, my second-hand shoes are suede, and the same color as my dress, but I have nothing against matchy-matchy outfits. :-)

bridget pinafore dress: motel
stevie top: american apparel
shoes // bag: thrifted
coin necklace: vintage 60s

6 comments:

  1. I love this color combination and I wish I had a pinafore dress like yours. It looks so versatile. Gorgeous pictures, as always, too!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jamie! So far, I think this dress is very versatile - kind of like an alternative to a pair of jeans. Motel has this style in different prints and colors and I kind of wish they'd all hop into my closet. :-)

      Delete
  2. The outfit is so perfectly The Flying Treehouse Club aesthetic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment is aesthetic! :-P Thank you! :-)

      Delete
  3. Baby cord is awesome! It's one of my all-time favourite fabrics (I especially enjoy it in blazer form). What a charming, absolutely lovely outfit complete with one seriously stunning vintage necklace.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! Baby cord seems like a great medium for blazers and outerwear. It's almost like denim and velvet had a baby. :-)

      Delete