Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pinecones and Bell Sleeves

With long sleeves and boots, this outfit might be a preview of fall.

I just found the most crazy beautiful boots in a thrift store that sells clothes by the pound, so they were only about $3.00. I wasn't going to try them on at first, because they were size 5, but they were siren boots and they sang to me. I usually wear 8-8.5, and I don't think I've even managed to fit half of my foot in a size 6, much less a 5, but these were surprisingly large. They're quite snug on me, and I plan on stretching them out, but they feel like the cozy 7.5 J.C. Penney flats I wear with fancy outfits.

As someone who likes 60s and 70s pieces I learned long ago to stop fretting and love the polyester, but this new poly-spandex top by Vintage Havana is the softest thing. I love that it's made in New York too. I seek out bell sleeves on all my thrifting adventures, but I haven't had much luck. If I'm looking for something specific, I'll try to find it second-hand first, but I don't always have success. Usually the hits outnumber the misses, though.

*Outfit photos by Steven

top: vintage havana via asos
skirt // boots: thrifted
bag: vintage 70s via crazygoodbananas

7 comments:

  1. I love the sleeves on the top- the perfect 70's look.
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! Bell sleeves sure make a statement. :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristian. I always love the posts when Steven takes the photos. :-)

      Delete
  3. Thoroughly lovely outfit. I'm a huge fan of bell sleeves as well. That's really cool about your boots. I've lucked out occasionally with sizes that were very different from my usual ones, both in terms of smaller and larger sizes. As they say, nothing ventured... :)

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica.

      True, true! Thrifted and vintage clothing sure offers an odd array of sizes!

      Delete
  4. I love this story! It's sort of the reverse of that quote from Truvy in Steel Magnolias. "In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight." :)

    ReplyDelete