Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Slightly Cooler Weather

The Flying Clubhouse: Slightly Cooler Weather | outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Slightly Cooler Weather | outfitThe Flying Clubhouse: Slightly Cooler Weather | aloe plant
The Flying Clubhouse: Slightly Cooler Weather | outfit
The Flying Clubhouse: Slightly Cooler Weather | silver flats
The Flying Clubhouse: Slightly Cooler Weather | honey-colored bag
My last outfit on this blog was in August! Wow! In that post I featured a bag that I swore I would not get rid of. I'm laughing now, because I swapped it out (and a few other bags) for another simpler cross body that I prefer. I have pretty much no budget for clothes and accessories, but when I feel it's time for a change, I can often sell a few items and get something better. It's sort of like a barter for a better wardrobe. This honey-colored bag has been my everyday bag for the last week. It was second-hand from ebay and in lovely used condition. Sometimes shopping second-hand can be over-whelming, but making a list of specifics really helped me find the bag I was looking for. I thought about what I preferred: a single compartment with one inside zipper pocket, solid leather with minimal hardware, cross-body configuration, timeless design, light honey brown, dark brown, or black.

My quest for a more minimal, more functional, wardrobe still continues but has slowed down. It's so nice to know what's exactly in my closet and to be able to slide the hangers back and forth. What really helped was saying goodbye to some dresses I didn't need and buying some t-shirts, both long and short-sleeved, instead. This was difficult because I just don't consider myself "a t-shirt person." I had to admit, though, that I wore t-shirts a lot this summer and since I only had a few with problems (i.e. stinky armpits, ill-fitting), I often had trouble making daily outfits. Now I have three nice short-sleeve t-shirts and two long-sleeved t-shirts. These additions have greatly helped my "what to wear today" conundrum. Also, choosing well-fitting t-shirts in colors and cuts I liked helped me make peace with the t-shirt.

But I digress. Here, I'm wearing a black high-neck top and baby cord skirt, and I'm so excited for slightly cooler weather.

top: thrifted
skirt: asos (old)
shoes & bag: second-hand via ebay (similar bag)

6 comments:

  1. You always look so good! And I love your new bag, it suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah. This bag just feels so right.

      Delete
  2. In the past years I haven't considered myself a "t-shirt" person either, but this last summer I got a few too, and I wore them so much. I agree- they are so versatile!
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I’m really inspired by it :) cartincoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! I've really been wanting a button down skirt, but I don't know how well they would look on me. Anyway, I love the idea of having fewer, better pieces. I did that ages ago and never looked back. It's so much less stressful to know I always have my good jeans and few delightful tops, or any one of 6 dresses or so that I wear regularly. I have recently become a t-shirt person too... amazing how we change over the years.

    http://waltzandwillow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Barter for a better wardrobe" what a brilliant philosophy and way to approach your wardrobe. I admire that mindset - and this lovely outfit - immensely.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete