Monday, November 14, 2016

Black Sweater

Guys, this has been a long, distressing, upsetting week. I feel like I need to talk about it, but I don't know what to say. So, nothing. This is an outfit. 

This skirt is a thrifted find. The brand is Urban Renewal - an Urban Outfitter's brand that sources old or used fabric. At any rate, the fabric is really nice - a good weight for a skirt - and it's obviously well-made. I didn't choose it for the reptilian pattern - I'm usually ambivalent about animal prints - but it's a versatile style. This little merino wool sweater is a great basic and gets a lot of use, but I believe I last wore it on the blog last November. I enjoy looking back on that post now, because although I've culled most of my wardrobe this year, I still have every single piece from last November's outfit. They'll all survived a year of wear and my changing tastes. I wonder if I'll still have every piece in this outfit next November?

sweater // skirt: thrifted
necklace: vintage via etsy
flats // bag: secondhand via ebay

3 comments:

  1. I hear you. It's hard to work up the energy to do outfit posts, but sometimes you need to do a little something to take your mind off things, right?
    Cute outfit. I like the Urban Renewal brand, although sometimes I do wonder what the original garments were like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Putting together outfits and sharing them does make me happy. I hope you're doing all right.

      That's interesting. I hadn't really thought about the original garments. The tag on this skirt said made from vintage fabric, and the first thought that popped into my head was a valence or a curtain, lol. It's sort of that fabric. But who knows?? :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the outfit. Interesting that they source older material.

    ReplyDelete