Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Cable Knit and Honeycomb

The Flying Clubhouse: Cable Knit and Honeycomb
The Flying Clubhouse: Cable Knit and Honeycomb
The Flying Clubhouse: Cable Knit and Honeycomb | berries
The Flying Clubhouse: Cable Knit and Honeycomb
The Flying Clubhouse: Cable Knit and HoneycombThe Flying Clubhouse: Cable Knit and Honeycomb
The Flying Clubhouse: Cable Knit and Honeycomb
The Flying Clubhouse: Cable Knit and HoneycombThis post is sponsored by Aran Sweaters Direct. Opinions are my own.

Some of my friends who have moved from New York or Massachusetts have said that North Carolina doesn't have a real winter. I disagree, but then I've only ever lived in North and South Carolina and (briefly) in Louisiana. It's true that this November was unusually warm, but at last my winter coats have come out and I'm reaching for a sweater almost everyday. And there gets to be a point when it's good to have a seriously thick sweater on hand.

Today I am collaborating with Aran Sweaters Direct. They are a company that designs and makes sweaters in Ireland. I am fascinated by the rich tradition of Aran sweaters - or jumpers (you can read more about them here). They sent sent me this charcoal Turtleneck Irish Knit Sweater, and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality. It features a cable knit and honeycomb stitch. Both heavy and breathable, I've recently been wearing it around town in place of a jacket or coat. If you're looking for a gorgeous and warm sweater, I highly recommend looking at Aran Sweaters Direct. They also have beautiful cardigans, hats, and scarves for men, women, and children.

Another reason sweaters have been on my mind is that I've been watching the Harry Potter films for the first time - yes, I was pretty late to the Hogwarts Express. We just finished The Goblet of Fire - things are getting intense! Anyway, those kids wear some nice sweaters in the series - a necessity if you're going to school in a drafty castle.

You can follow Aran Sweaters Direct on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.

skirt: asos (old)
bag: vintage 70s via crazygoodbananas
boots: thirfted


3 comments:

  1. I love the sweater- and combining that dark grey and blue is a color combo I'd never have thought of, but which looks rich and lovely.

    ReplyDelete