Thursday, December 8, 2016

Deep Blue

The Flying Clubhouse: Deep Blue
This post is a about my experience with eShakti, who recently invited me to review a product of my choice. I had seen some other bloggers review eShakti, including an interesting review by Leah of Style Wise. My bust, waist, and hip measurements typically fall into three different standard sizes - so the customization options eShakti offered were very attractive to me. I took full advantage by specifying my measurements. The sample dress pictured on the website had three-quarter sleeves and was knee length. I requested long sleeves and mini length, and was happy with the results - especially the fitted sleeves. The thing I love best about this dress is that it's so comfortable. There's no zipper in the back - it just slips over the head - and the cotton is very soft. It's a good option for traveling when you want to look nice and still feel like you're wearing pajamas. (Except I definitely want spanx underneath because of all that stretchy jersey in the tummy region).

I want to let you know that before this review I wore this dress out a couple of times and machine-washed and tumble-dryed it (following the instructions on the tag). This dress is cotton and I find that lots of contemporary clothes get either destroyed or altered in the washer and dryer, even when following the instructions on the tag, but this dress came out like new. These photos were taken after the wash. I'll probably be sticking with my second-hand and vintage wardrobe, but if I ever find myself in need of a specifically customized garment, I'll definitely consider eShakti in the future. They had some really lovely semi-formal and party dresses available. There was good communication with the company, the package arrive quicker than I expected, and I have no complaints. If you want to follow them, they are on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Anyway, December is here and we're finally getting rain in North Carolina and I'm super-excited about it. When it's wet outside it's good to have a corner to take photos in. Here, you can see my gallery wall-in-progress. I'm not sure what it's going to morph into, but so far I've had fun decorating.

dress: c/o eshakti
bag: vintage 70s via etsy
flats: used via ebay

1 comment:

  1. I love your gallery wall! It looks like such a pretty and cozy corner of your house.
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete