Monday, October 30, 2017

Anna and Steve's All Hallows Eve 2017

The Flying Clubhouse: Anna and Steve's All Hallows Eve 2017
The Flying Clubhouse: Anna and Steve's All Hallows Eve 2017
The Flying Clubhouse: Lydia Deetz
The Flying Clubhouse: Anna and Steve's All Hallows Eve 2017
The Flying Clubhouse
The Flying Clubhouse: Lydia Deetz
The Flying Clubhouse: Ghostface Making a Call
The Flying Clubhouse: Lydia Deetz
The Flying Clubhouse: Lydia Deetz
The Flying Clubhouse: Lydia Deetz
When we were invited to a horror-themed Halloween party, Steven knew right away he wanted to be Ghostface from the Scream Movies. It took me a bit longer to settle on Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice, but the fact that she shoots Nikon settled it for me. Steven is a big fan of horror movies, while I prefer suspense or horror with a large side of comedy or romance. I only saw Beetlejuice for the first time last year, and instantly fell in love with it's uniqueness. Steven ordered his costume from Amazon, and I gathered all the bits of my costume from various thrift stores. 

The Nikon L35AF2 was a find I picked up for $2. This 80s plastic brick has a good lens and a reputation for sharp photos, so I've been attempting to shot some film for the first time in a few years. The Handbook for the Recently Deceased was created by painting an old book and decoupaging a printout on the front.

We both had a great time at the party and enjoyed array of creative costumes that night. Everyone from Voldemort to Chuckie was there. Tomorrow night we plan to stay home, watch a movie - maybe Beetlejuice again - and hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. I hope you have a Happy and Festive Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment