Thursday, March 25, 2021

Handmade Watercolors

I've been making watercolor paints. I started out with a recipe using gum arabic powder dissolved in distilled water, vegetable glycerin, honey, and pigment, but I've switched over to a honey-free recipe. I'm using mostly earth colors and oxides, with some other inorganic pigments like vine black and lamp black, thrown in. I was inspired to make my own watercolors to go with my drawings after having some trouble finding very muted colors in half pans. The first set - which actually is not a muted set, but a trio of secondary colors - is already in my shop. I hope to list more palettes soon, but the half pans take a long time to cure.

⋆ bloglovin | pinterest | instagram | art shop | flickr ⋆

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. I hope your art is going well. I was so impressed when you first took up watercolors and I'm still thinking about that beautiful image of pastries and baked goods you posted on your insta. :-)

      Delete