Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 2021

This December I've been working hard at a new retail job as well as managing my art and watercolors shop on Etsy. But in my spare time I've been doing lots of budget home décor diy. 

Between struggling to keep my space neat, craving consistency, and dealing with holiday sensory overload, I don't usually feel motivated to decorate for Christmas. This year, however, I decided to put a wreath on my front door. I found a stick wreath at my local Goodwill and enhanced it with greenery I found in the backyard. It's very cheerful and I love seeing it when I came home. I put some of the leftover greenery in jars I already had around the house. I think I just needed to find the right holiday décor for me - something natural and not too busy or cluttered.

A new hobby I've picked up recently is tinkering with and rewiring old lamps. I used some old parts from thrifted table lamps to turn a decorative lantern into a warm light for my studio.

⋆ bloglovin | pinterest | instagram | art shop | flickr | tumblr ⋆

No comments:

Post a Comment