Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Halloween 2018: Anastasia

"Princesses don't marry kitchen boys."

This post is so late, but our last few weeks have been terribly busy!

We decided to celebrate Halloween with some Don Bluth 90s nostagia in our Anastasia costumes. This was a most challenging costume duo yet. I'm not sure how many packets of Rit dye I used! At least the costume pieces were all second-hand, with the exception of Steven's hat. His trousers were the same from his 2015 Shaggy costume - I just de-bell bottomed them. His vest was cut and sewn from an old dress shirt.

I really loved the 1997 movie Anastasia as a kid. It was so beautiful and sparked a real interest in the history behind the animated fantasy-version. I think the style of the film subtly influenced my aesthetic and fashion choices throughout my life. (The boots and cap I'm wearing here are an every day part of my wardrobe). Steven encouraged me to create these costumes for our 6th Halloween together, and I'm so glad he did.

 bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram art shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment