Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Parking Lot Daisies

We've been adapting to this pandemic by hanging out in parking lots, cemeteries, watching rainstorms, driving around the county. It's kind of like we're bored rural teens, but with adult responsibilities. I've come to terms with my quarantine hair. The art business has been understandably pretty terrible, but I've still been painting a lot. Other areas in my life have been unproductive, and I've been watching too much garbage on YouTube.

A brown thrasher visited our bird feeder the other day and did some fierce poses for the camera.

I've been learning how to skateboard on a cruiser from Arbor. It's the pocket rocket and has some great art by Aaron James Draplin. I mean, I don't drink so I needed some way to stay sane and fall down a lot. I'm kind of worried because I've only really wiped out once so far, which I thinks speaks way more to my timidity rather than to my balance. This is a beautiful, American-made board but I think I would have chosen something wider to start out on if I could go back and pick again. It's 7.75 inches, but I'm adapting. I'm thinking of getting a drop-though longboard eventually.

Steven has been incredibly supportive - offering encouragement and taking photos. I'm really glad to have have him around, but if you're in lock-down by yourself don't let being on your own discourage you from going outside and trying something new like skateboarding or rollerskating. There are countless instructional videos and communities online to help you along. Also, I'd love to hear about what you've been doing to keep yourself sane during quarantine. Leave a comment here or on my Instagram. Stay safe and stay well.

⋆ bloglovin | pinterest | instagram | art shop | flickr ⋆

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've been doing well! Loved seeing these little peaks into what you've exploring lately.

    ReplyDelete