Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Summer 2020

Summer things:

- Jupiter Kitty turned 2. He's very healthy and still loves living with my parents.

- Steven is back to school teaching and dealing with huge challenges. He teaches remotely from his classroom and has many students (too many) from multiple schools in the county. He also has many other duties in the school building itself that make his work day much, much longer than normal. 

- I bought a longboard in June and sold my mini cruiser. I much prefer carving around on a bigger, wider board. However, I took a spill in July and banged up my chin and cheek, and much of the rest of my body (see my before and after selfies). I took a short break, and then got back on my longboard for awhile, but I couldn't stop thinking I'd take an even bigger spill and that a global pandemic is no time to go to the ER. So I've been taking a longer break, but I'm ready to start up again soon. I know falling is just part of longboarding, but god it hurts at 34.

- Since my art sales have understandably slowed to a halt, I've been selling small vintage items, used clothes, and my older art on eBay. Check out my last photo of a round celluloid portrait from the 1910s or 20s. It sold pretty quickly after I listed it.

- I started a pescatarian diet in February and am still enjoying it. I don't eat a lot of fish, though, so I'm mostly vegetarian. This diet has been a much easier change than I expected.

- I know I'm not alone in living with some difficult and extreme emotions all summer because of Covid, Racism, and politics, but I am remarkably privileged to be healthy and safe at this time. Please consider donating to support black lives. Here is just one of many available lists: https://nymag.com/strategist/article/where-to-donate-for-black-lives-matter.html

⋆ bloglovin | pinterest | instagram | art shop | flickr ⋆

No comments:

Post a Comment