Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Halloween 2019: Fallen Kingdom

This year's Halloween costumes were inspired by Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018).

Steven really wanted to do Jurassic World this year, and I liked the costumes from Fallen Kingdom - they were already really close to our every-day style. We bought Steven's vest on eBay, and everything else came from Goodwill, Thredup, and our own closets. Last year's costumes were really complex, so I wanted to scale things back this year. I didn't have to do any sewing for these, and I think that's a first! The hair was easy too - except in the humidity I couldn't get my curly hair anywhere near as straight as Bryce's. 

When we mentioned our Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom idea to my sister, Corrie, she saw her chance to get the cozy, inflatable animal costume she always wanted. Unfortunately, she was almost steamed alive because Halloween night turned out to be strangely warm and humid. Her costume was a huge hit during the festivities, though. 🦕🦖

⋆ bloglovin | pinterest | instagram | art shop | flickr ⋆

2 comments:

  1. I love the costumes -- I loved that movie! How fun ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, McKenzie! We loved the movie too. All the Jurassic Park/World movies mean a lot to Steven, so he especially had a blast.

      Delete