Friday, November 22, 2019

November Changes

November has been a month of self-improvement and changes. I started a part-time job at a home improvement store, but I've been working longer hours because I'm still training. It's been an adjustment - changing to a new schedule. Sometimes Steven and I need to get up before 6:00 so I can drop him off early at work to get to my job. The positive aspect of this is seeing the interesting morning fog and ground frost.

The aloe plant we had for years finally grew out of control, and we had to say goodbye. Fortunately, it had made some pups and I was able to put them in a vintage brass planter I thrifted. Steven called this whole process "the circle of life." Speaking of thifted home decor, since I recently painted our walls, I've been rethinking some of our organization and storage. I thrifted a little wooden tea box and gave it a coat of white paint - now it hold small camera accessories in my narrow cabinet. I feel that it goes with my "creepy romantic" aesthetic. I also found an old accordion peg rack at the thrift store. After some cleaning, it's a new place to put my hats and light accessories.

Although things have been so busy this month, and I've had to take a small break from painting (sigh), I've tried to step outdoors more, take my camera with me, and see what's going on with the changing season.

⋆ bloglovin | pinterest | instagram | art shop | flickr ⋆

1 comment:

  1. I had a tree that quickly outgrew our home and I was so sad when I had to re-home it, although I knew that keeping it would eventually hinder it. Sounds like wonderful changes have been made so far!

    ReplyDelete