Friday, July 25, 2014

Sunflower, Coneflower, Butterfly Weed

The Flying Clubhouse - Sunflowers in JulyThe Flying Clubhouse - Sunflowers in July
The Flying Clubhouse - Sunflowers in July
The Flying Clubhouse - Sunflowers in July
The Flying Clubhouse - Seersucker Dress, Orange Butterfly Weed
The Flying Clubhouse - Seersucker Dress, Straw Boater Hat
The Flying Clubhouse - Orange Butterfly Weed
The Flying Clubhouse - Black-Eyed Susans
The Flying Clubhouse - Black-Eyed Susan
The Flying Clubhouse - Black-Eyed Susan in July
While enjoying the warmth of summer, I've had some moments of panic in realizing how fast it's going - especially in comparison to the length of last winter. (Is anyone still a little scarred by last winter)? Anyway, I'm pushing this to the back of my mind and thinking of how this summer has been marked by chasing after flowers with my camera. The orange butterfly weed and the yellow coneflowers have really stood apart, as well as some neighborhood sunflowers. I've never had much luck growing things myself, but these sunflowers are making me want to plant some of my own next year.

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - The Seasons, Op. 37b - July "Song of the Reaper"

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest

17 comments:

  1. Wow! So bright color and so lovely outfit!

    www.helenapolanskyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a super mild winter so I'm looking forward to another one of them but if I was you I'd still be pretty scarred from it. I love talking photos of flowers, it's easy to spend the time getting a lovely shot and finding more and more to snap photos of.

    Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, nice that you had a mild winter. Not so much here!

      Yes, I think I'd be happy spending all day in a field of flowers with my camera!

      Delete
  3. These flowers are gorgeous! We have really long summers here, but this summer has been incredibly mild and very rainy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! Our summer has been rainy too! We've had some odd weather for July.

      Delete
  4. absolutely in awe with these pictures! just feels ever so summery!

    WISH UPON A SMILE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tasnim! Nothing says 'summer' to me like sunflowers!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe how quickly the summer's going by Also, I love this dress on you--the hat is adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebekah - they've kind of been my summer uniform! :-)

      Delete
  6. Haha is it bad that I'm ready for summer to be over? I just love fall so much and I wait so long for it to be fall-like outside living in the south! I love these summery, gorgeous pictures though. You look adorable in your seersucker dress too.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3

      No, I hear you! I feel the same way about fall - but it always seems like such a short season. :-/ Anyway, here's hoping for lots of nice cool weather this fall. :-)

      Delete
  7. there is nothing, nothing like a fresh, vivid sunflower against a bright blue sky that speaks so loudly of summer to me. lovely.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem symbolic of summer doesn't it? <3

      Delete
  8. I'm definitely still scarred from last winter, I'm not looking forward to the snow! Lovely outfit, you fit in perfectly with all the greenery.
    Amia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amia! Here's hoping for a short winter! :-)

      Delete
  9. Yeah- last winter was pretty brutal for a lot of folks. Hopefully that means this year will be more mild! These are pretty photos- so summery! Love your seersucker dress and straw hat, perfect summer combo!

    ReplyDelete