Thursday, May 31, 2018

Nikon One-Touch 35mm AF Camera - Fujifilm Superia X-tra 400

Last October I picked up a vintage camera for $2.00 at a local thrift store. I had no intention of using it other than as a prop for my Lydia Deetz Halloween costume. But I became interested after doing some research on this camera - Nikon One Touch L35AF II - one of Nikon's early automatic cameras. It had some visible wear, but everything seemed to work and here's the best photos from our first roll of film. The latest photos are at the top and the oldest are at the bottom of this post. You might notice we started taking photos last autumn and just finished the roll this May. Over time, I came to refer to this 80s point-and-shoot as "my heavy plastic brick."

We used Walgreens' photo services. They don't give you negatives, but they do provide a photo CD and single prints for about $16.00. We were really just curious if this camera was working. I plan on shooting more film with this camera. We used Fujifilm Superia X-tra 400.

If you're interested in picking up a hobby like this, I've come across a lot of decent point-and-shoot cameras (90s-00s era) in thrift stores for only a few dollars. You can find tutorials for loading film and other details online.

Happy shooting!

 bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest instagram art shop 

1 comment:

  1. There's just nothing like a vintage camera! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete