Thursday, August 28, 2014

Summer Evolution

Purple Coneflowers
Purple Coneflowers at Dusk
Yellow Flower
Dying Coneflower
Dried Coneflower
Sweetgum Pod
Summer Rain
Purple Mums
Flowers at Golden Hour
Purple Mums at Golden Hour
Rose of Sharon
August is one of my favorite months. It's still summer, but less busy than June and July, and there are exciting things to look forward to, like cooler weather and falling leaves. I've enjoyed chasing down and shooting flowers all summer - it's taught me a great deal about my camera. I started off using my point-and-shoot (up until the 6th photo), and then switched to my DSLR exclusively. These are some of my August favorites, presented here in chronological order starting on August 3, and ending yesterday.

Have you been learning anything new and fun this month?

Also, there's still plenty of time to submit your art, writing, comics and photography to Walk With Me Through Autumn, Vol. II. I'd love to hear from you. Also, if you have an idea for a submission, but can't get it in before September 5, I'd still love to hear it.

bloglovin | tumblr | twitter | pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Great photos, love the dying coneflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. These are so beautiful. The lighting and fading flowers are just abosolutly magical. I enjoy august as well, and i havent seen anything better to discrible it than this.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful; the light and attention to detail is just stunning, and they're very evocative of a quintessentially late summer mood. You have an excellent eye.

    ~Isabella
    adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the more autumn-y ones here! August has been a slow month for us, all work and no play :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You alway have such lovely flower/fauna photography.

    August has been about getting ready for the school year for us, so... busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just now came across your blog via a pin on Pinterest, and I just wanted to say hi. I really enjoyed perusing your blog. Your photography reminds me a lot of my own! I see a lot of similarities between them in subject matter and style. It was really refreshing and inspiring to see your photos! You live in such a beautiful area. :)

    ReplyDelete